Early stage company True Knowledge wanted to drive traffic to its new internet answer-engine, which uses Artificial Intelligence to directly answer the world’s online questions. It particularly wanted to reach the US media so with a tight budget a creative approach to media relations was required.
We brainstormed with the client and together created a story that illustrated how the technology worked. ‘What’s the most boring day in history?’ succeeded in grabbing the media’s attention securing coverage around the world.
- Quarter page or more stories in five national papers
- National broadcast coverage including ‘Have I Got News for You’
- Radio interviews with the client on Radio 5 Live and BBC Look East
- Page 3 coverage in the Sun ‘News in Briefs’ section
- More than 300 online mentions identified in 10 days
- US coverage in Time, US Trend News and American Banking and Market News, and was blogged about by the LA Times
- Discussions of the release in 10 languages
- International technology blogs and websites ensured it reached a global audience
- Traffic to the website and interaction with the search engine