PR and Media Consultant
Holdsworth Associates are looking for a PR and Media Consultant to join our team.
This is a wide-ranging and busy role, working with a small team responsible for media relations, campaigns, digital communications, publications and social media.
You will have a hand in many areas, from writing press releases to updating website content to managing social media channels. This is the perfect role for someone keen to make a positive contribution and pick up new skills and experience in an exciting environment.
You will be educated to degree level or beyond and have an interest in and a flair for turning complex scientific content into effective, easy to understand, imaginative communications.
You will play an active role in developing stories, producing content and building relations and securing coverage with national, regional and trade media, both print and broadcast, and acting as the social media lead.
- Create PR campaigns that support client goals and enhance their reputations
- Develop and write original content to be deployed across various channels, including news stories, features, reports, and social media content
- Plan, manage and implement social media strategies for the company and its clients, which will include but not be limited to:
- maintaining and growing an engaged community of followers across all company and client social media channels
- creating content calendars with optimised timings and diverse content to be scheduled across social channels, ensuring a steady rhythm of content that gets positive engagement
- monitoring social media conversations to gauge and act on emerging subjects or issues and to further build relationships and trust with our clients
- Be proactive and reactive in generating coverage across print, broadcast and online media
- Be involved in the managing, planning, marketing and attending of events, representing the company and its clients
- Research, draft and distribute press releases, organise briefing sessions, photo opportunities and visits for broadcast media
- There will also be occasional travel across the UK to meet clients and attend key events
- Experience of working with technical and complicated information and concepts, making it both compelling and accessible to professional and public audiences
- Strategic thinker with a strong news sense
- Excellent writing skills and experience in writing articles, blogs, press releases, reports and presentations
- Experience with optimising social media
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage own time as part of a close-knit team
- Understanding of managing, maintaining and cultivating journalist relationships for communications campaigns
- Good organisational skills to manage multiple priorities and varying pressures to meet measurable targets and strict deadlines
- Knowledge of digital and social media tools and their application to PR and marketing
- Basic understanding of website management including the use of WordPress, Google Analytics and Search Engine Optimisation
How to apply
To apply send your CV together with a covering letter explaining why you want to work with us and what you can offer to [email protected], with the subject Application: PR and Media Consultant.