SureFlap is a microchip operated cat flap that only permits the resident cat to enter the home, keeping intruder cats outside.
The client wanted to raise the profile of its product with the national media, so we used research to create a story.
An analysis of customers revealed that many had purchased SureFlap as they wanted a secure cat flap that would excluded unwanted visitors. Desk research showed that although little was known about the behaviour of cats it was known that home invasions caused stressed.
HA developed a research project with an animal behaviourist from the Royal Veterinary College to provide credibility for the results and then interested Your Cat Magazine in collaborating with a series of features aimed at raising awareness that home invasion caused stress for cats and this could be prevented by using a secure cat flap such as SureFlap.
- Over 1,000 people completed the survey.
- Analysis by HA with the behaviourist generated sufficient material for five features in YourCat Magazine.
- The findings were launched at the British Small Animal Veterinary Association to a room of vets (key influencers)
- Results were published in major veterinary publications
- Radio interviews were secured on the BBC
- Coverage was achieved in the pet trade publications and resulted in request for several articles
- Coverage was achieved in the Independent, Daily Telegraph, Express, Metro
The 300% increase in turnover we achieved last year has enabled us to grow the team significantly in the past six months. Sales continue to grow both in the UK and abroad and we now have country managers in place to target the US and Germany. With sales also picking up in Australasia, we plan to have a local presence there too within the next six months.