To raise awareness within the healthcare community of the benefits of delivering cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) online – generating sustained PR for new product launch, on a small budget.
How we did it
PsychologyOnline (now Ieso Digital Health) was the brainchild of two NHS psychologists. We were initially asked to raise the profile of the company with potential investors since the company had a business concept, but no product.
This short PR campaign was successful and the company attracted funding to build a demonstrator site.
Building on this success, we were asked to help launch the company and promote the new concept of ‘online psychology’ to commissioners, funders and to create pull-through to reach consumers. Over 18 months, we planned and delivered a proactive communications strategy; generating a number of PR campaigns around CBT for Diabetes and Depression. We interviewed relevant specialists in order to place ghost-written features and Op Eds, and developed human interest case studies and supported a webinar, sourcing leading experts, to engage a range of target audiences.
Our creative, sustained, targeted PR for new product launch, gained 150 pieces of media coverage across print, broadcast and online including:
- National: The Daily Telegraph, Guardian, The Sunday Times, Grazia, Huffington Post
- Specialist: Fertility Road, Prima Baby and Pregnancy, MumsNet
- Healthcare: Mental Health Today, Healthcare Market News, Nursing, The Journal of Diabetes, Live it well
- Business and finance: ABC magazine, Angel News, Best Invest, Business Weekly, MoneyAm
- Regional: Six BBC regional radio stations, the East Anglian Daily Times, Edinburgh Evening News, Ham and High, This is Local London, Times Series
Holdsworth Associates provided excellent media support for Psychology Online.
We were able to maintain regular news flow that attracted extensive media coverage, all on a tight budget.
ISEO (Psychology Online) CEO