REAP is Agri-TechE’s flagship conference, but after two difficult years caused by the pandemic would there be an appetite for in-person events?
Strategy – generating buzz
Agri-TechE is a pioneer in the agri-tech space; communicating to diverse audiences the huge potential for disruptive innovation in the agri-food sector.
However as understanding of agri-tech has grown, so have the number of events and conferences aimed at this sector. Including many that are free to attend.
A strategic approach was required to communicate the key differentiators of this conference: the opportunities to hear firsthand from leading thought-leaders working in science, technology and policy and to meet with them; to engage in discussions that have the potential to be game changing; the chance to see technology demonstrations and to talk to early adopters and to feel inspired by networking with people that share a passion for innovation. All strong reasons to attend a real world event.
Holdsworth Associates used connections from across the ecosystem to gain comment, opinion and stories to sustain interest in the five months leading up to the conference, engaging with potential participants and exhibitors.
Media stories were created for the different sectors and three digital newsletters generated to reach different audiences.
In the lead up for the conference we also managed social media – twitter and LinkedIn – to ensure a sustained flow of information and profile for the speakers and exhibitors.
- One of the most successful conferences in terms of attendance and feedback
- Media coverage including BBC broadcast on the day
- Sustained news flow for five weeks with original content created for the website
- Managed social media flow to maximise opportunities for profile and sharing
- Collaboration with sponsors and exhibitors to reach different communities
- Outreach through third party networks.